After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Explain the difference between normative and informative content in the IIAR 4 standard.
- Discuss general requirements for installation of an ammonia refrigeration system.
- List helpful installation documentation to request during procurement.
- Discuss general requirements for installation of an ammonia refrigeration system
- Discuss piping installation
- Discuss components and controls installation
- Identify considerations regarding insulation systems for ammonia refrigeration
Continuing Education Credits
After completing an IIAR Academy of Natural Refrigeration certificate course, successfully completing the accompanying quizzes, and passing the final course exam, you will earn the corresponding number of continuing education credits, which can be applied toward maintaining P.E. licensure. IIAR is accredited by the Registered Continuing Education Program for Engineers, Surveyors & A/E/C Professionals (RCEP) as an approved provider of continuing education
The IIAR 4 certificate course offers 2.0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for learners who successfully complete the course.
The IIAR Academy of Natural Refrigerants is a long-term education program created to address the need for competent professionals in natural refrigeration system design, safety, and maintenance. The objective of the academy is to address the technical training needs of end users, design build contractors, equipment manufacturers, operators, safety/PSM specialists, and consulting engineering sectors of the IIAR membership. As industry codes and regulations change and evolve the need for competent professionals in our industry will continue to grow.
IIAR Certificate Courses are based on ASTM standards and allow industrial refrigeration professionals to show that they have received documented and standardized instruction regarding the requirements for safe design and operation of ammonia-based refrigeration systems.